May 25 Salon Registration
Using the Tarot as a Tool for Individuation
Presented by Ken James
Please download flyer
Saturday, May 6, 2023
9:00am to 12:00pm (via Zoom)
Fee: $35 (members); $45 (non-members); $20 (FT Students)
Please see registration notes below*In this class, participants will be introduced to the Tarot, a divination tool that also serves as a facilitator of the process of Individuation as defined by C.G. Jung. The structure of the Tarot will be viewed as a depiction of aspects of the psyche, including the personal unconscious, the collective unconscious, and the relationships between those levels of the unconscious and the Ego complex. Basic Jungian ideas will be reviewed in the context of the cards, and the relationship between the Tarot and synchronicity will be discussed. Participants are encouraged to bring a set of the Rider Tarot deck with them to participate in some exercises with the cards. The recommended deck (the Rider Tarot, a.k.a. the Rider-Waite Tarot or the Rider-Waite-Smith Tarot) is available on a number of online web sites, and the easiest and quickest one to use is probably Amazon. Learning Objectives:
- Describe the relationship between the Tarot deck and the structure of the psyche as explored by C.G. Jung.
- Discuss the role that synchronicity plays when using tools of divination such as the Tarot.
- Explain the typological functions of thinking, feeling, sensation and intuition using the Minor Arcana Tarot cards.
- Compare the sequence of the Major Arcana of the Tarot to the individuation process.
- You do not need to have a PayPal account to pay your registration fee. When directed to PayPal by Eventbrite, simply ignore the button to log in and proceed to pay as a guest.
- Registrations cannot be accepted after 6:00 pm on Friday, May 5. There are no exceptions.
- The Zoom link will be emailed to participants with their receipt from Eventbrite. Please save this in a safe place.
To see a list of our past events, click here.